Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Job Interview

I had a job interview today at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. I have applied to work in Ward 24 which is where I am at present for my option placement.

The interview was quite informal and I worked a bank shift a couple of months ago for one of the Sisters who was interviewing me and gave her a loan of a video of the last episode of "Spooks" that I had taped the previous night. A bit of kiss-assing never goes to waste!

I will find out in the first week of January if I have been succesful in my application. I can only hope for the best as competition for that ward is fierce since it is such a good ward to work in and has a really good reputation.

It's getting a bit real and scary now. I only have 10 more shifts left as a student before I qualify and to be perfectly honest, I am bricking it! If I am fortunate to get the job that I want then at least I will have the support of good staff and that will make a huge difference.

Wish me luck!