Sunday, June 25, 2006

Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold - A Bit Like the Burgers at Hammey's BBQ! (East Kilbride Half Marathon)

The East Kilbride Half Marathon is probably about as dull a run as you could imagine. Thirteen miles of running through the concrete jungle (twice) that is East Kilbride with it's many roundabouts and lack of parks just does not compare to Glasgow's Half Marathon.

Anyway, I had bigger fish to fry as I was out for revenge after the humiliation of being beaten by a chain smoking Hammey in last years run. Jim was present too so I decided to run with Jim, as a pacemaker and bide my time stalking Hammey before surging ahead to victory!

Hammey was trundling along not very quickly at all and I actually thought that he was trying to lull me into a fall sense of security so that he could leave me standing at some point in the race and repeat his victory from the previous year. It became clear to me and Jim after a few miles that Hammey was not going to be breaking any records this year, so I apologised to Jim, picked up the pace and ran the rest of the race on my own.

Once I had finished the race I found Kay and their wee girl sitting on the grass and we relaxed in the sunshine awaiting the arrival of the two slow asses.



Posted by Picasa

Jim was first to arrive followed a little later by Hammey who was keen to have a fag as it had been at least an hour since he last lit up!


Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa

Then it was back to Hammey and Kay's house for the traditional post-half marathon BBQ, where there was food, drink and fun aplenty and despite my cheeky blog title, it was all very nice and very much appreciated by us all.


Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa